Julia: Solving Open AI Taxi-v2 using SARSA algorithm

So, I’ve been very active this two days and managed to implement SARSA algorithm for solving Taxi-v2.

They look mostly the same except that in Q-learning, we update our Q-function by assuming we are taking action `a` that maximises our post-state Q function.

In SARSA, we use the same policy that generated the previous action a to generate the next action, `a-prim`, which we run through our Q-function for updates.

It all might sound very complicated but it results in very small change to Q-learning algorithm. You can compare my implementation of SARSA and Q-learning to see the difference.

I have managed to reach the same score as with Q-learning in about the same time. I guess Taxi-v2 problem is solved once an forever.

You should also be able to launch Taxi-v2 using the code from my GitHub repository.

Julia: Solving Open AI Taxi-v2 using SARSA algorithm

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s